Follow the review and learn about the newest trends in kitchen remodel and discover steps to take to achieve the effect you expect.
Let us consider the Top-3 materials that people typically choose for kitchen remodelling, depending on their preferences:
There are certain perks and limitations to consider when using this material.
- Natural and durable material;
- Low maintenance and high quality;
- A shiny surface that creates a nice room reflection;
- Affordable price;
- High density and no pores for bacteria to live in;
- Needs special treatment when cleaning;
- Slippery surface;
- Color density gets worn out over time;
- Cold to feet and takes longer to get warm.
Let us look at some pros and cons of having solid wood for a floor in your kitchen to help you make your own decision:
- Natural and stylish;
- Can last for up to 100 years;
- Comfortable and easy on your feet;
- Ensures extra warmth in colder climates;
- Provides tax gains on Return on Investment;
- Subject to scratch, water damage, and needs refinishing;
- Susceptible to water damage;
- Length limitations (especially for doors and entrances);
- Relatively expensive material;
So, besides cost-effectiveness, what are the other beneficial features?
- Style and design adjustable;
- Resistant to scratches;
- Easier to find the needed color;
- No installation limitations;
- Affordable price.
- Too firm and cold;
- Expensive installation process;
- Must be installed on top of concrete;
- Prone to cracking and chipping;
Eco-Friendly Kitchen Remodeling
To get the best out of your eco-friendly kitchen remodelling follow this simplified approach:
- Choose eco-friendly materials for your floors, cabinets, countertops, faucets, and appliances.
- Install water-efficient faucets in your kitchen to help the environment by reducing the water flow.
- Use tubular daylighting systems or simpler skylight panels to supply natural warmth and light in your kitchen. As a benefit, you can save on replacing bulbs. Besides, you will reduce both your energy consumption and local power plant emissions.
- Last but not least, choose VOC-free paints and finishes for your new kitchen.
DIY Kitchen Renovation
If you are a DIY enthusiast, here are some tips on effortless and cost-effective kitchen remodelling for you:
- Study the reviews on the materials you are about to purchase. If you happen to have the opportunity, try to consult a professional as to what goes with what;
- Remove all the doors and drawers before you begin to install new kitchen cabinets. Another important note: do not use a sledgehammer when uninstalling the old ones; you may cause damage;
- Determine the location of all cabinets, shelves, compartments, and appliances beforehand to have a general plan for your future kitchen. Double-check;
- Check for plumbs, water pipes, and levels for easy access to all of the above at all times;
- Use clamps to secure the appliances and cabinets together or to the wall for further safety;
- Paints and finishes should be safe for health and eco-friendly;
- Entrust the work to professionals to avoid unnecessary damage.
Tiny Kitchen Solutions
So, here are a couple of simple tricks that will help you make a tiny kitchen look bigger.
- First off, light-color paints and finishes create an illusion of a bigger space, so this would be a relatively easy and cheap way to add some square inches visually.
- Up next, you need to add geometric patterns, mirrors, and see-through elements to create an optical illusion of endless space. WIth vertical lines in your decor or tall storage systems, you can visually increase the height of your kitchen ceiling.
- Use an open storage system and copper shelves, a tidy trend lately.
- Do not overcrowd your kitchen with the furniture you do not need.
- Opt for smaller or integrated equipment to save up on space.
- Use islands for ergonomy and style.
Here are some ventilation tips:
- Install a window fan or a portable air purifier to save up space and capture the smells from cooking.
- If you have a gas stove at home but do not have a proper range hood or vent, consider buying a CO meter to control the amount of carbon dioxide in your kitchen air.
- Open your windows as frequently as possible, clean your kitchen cabinets properly to keep the space nice and fresh.
The Bottom Line: Should You Need Professional Help
Home and kitchen renovation requires a balance between creative ideas and a mindful approach. The exuberance of items and services might become challenging for those who have stayed out of DIY renovations and repairs.
If this is your case, no worries. Professionals like A+ Construction & Remodeling in your area are eager to guide you through every step of your kitchen remodelling project and offer the solutions with practical and personalized designs.